Posted on June 6th 2017
HARRIS PRIMARY ACADEMY EAST DULWICH IS RATED ‘OUTSTANDING’ BY OFSTED
Our academy has been rated ‘outstanding’ across all categories in its first ever Ofsted report.
The inspectors praised the academy for the strength of its teaching, delivering an excellent education that inspires and motivates the children. They also noted the outstanding behaviour of our children.
- “Through consistently strong school leadership, supported well by the federation, the school has established itself extremely well, as shown by excellent provision and pupils’ high achievement.”
- “The pursuit of excellence is clearly at the heart of the work of each member of the school community.”
- “Behaviour is impeccable. Pupils are polite and courteous. They love coming to school and are ready to learn each day.”
- “Leaders have designed an exciting curriculum that successfully meets the needs and interests of the pupils. They ensure pupils get rich experiences that draw on the local community and include a wider range of visits.”
- “The school’s value system, ‘Keys to Success’, is effective in promoting pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. These values underpin the work the school does to ensure pupils successfully develop their understanding of responsibility and respect.”
- “The early years provision is outstanding. It is extremely well led. Staff ensure children have the best start to their education by setting high challenges. As a result, children make rapid progress from their starting points.”
Principal, Jo Conduit, said:
“I am so grateful to the staff, children, parents and governors who have all played their part in making our academy ‘outstanding’. We are particularly pleased to have achieved this in our first ever Ofsted and we look forward to maintaining these excellent standards as the academy grows to full capacity in the next few years."
“I also want to pay tribute to our incredible children who the inspectors praised for their impeccable behaviour, good manners and love of learning. We are all delighted that Ofsted has recognised the fantastic teaching and learning going on at Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich.”
You can read the full report here.