Keeping in touch
Teachers are available for quick chats at the beginning and end of each day. If you would like a more in-depth conversation, please make a time to meet with the teacher. You can do this by speaking to the teacher directly or contacting the Academy Office on 020 3772 4573 or email@example.com.
We recognise that contact between parents and teachers is more challenging when parents are working or studing full-time but, don't forget, there are many ways to still keep in touch:
- If you wish to get a message through to your child’s class teacher, send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org and this will be passed on to the class teacher (this email is monitored throughout each working day). The class teacher can either respond to your email or call you back.
- Call the office on 0203 772 4573 and leave a message for the class teacher to call you back at a convenient time.
- Let us know if you have a day off work or college, as we can always arrange to catch up with you after school on this day.
- Attend the end of half term learning celebrations (from now on these will always be at 1:30pm on the last day of each half term (apart from the end of the Summer term) so these can be pencilled into diaries in advance).
- Half-termly year group curriculum newsletters detail what your child will be learning in the term ahead, with key dates for their class and year group.
- Weekly learning letters show what your child will be learning during the week ahead.
- Weekly whole-school newsletters contain information about key events and dates for the diary.
- The calendar section of the website has all the key dates listed.
- Follow us on Twitter as we occasionally send Twitter updates @HPAEastDulwich.
- Our parent/teacher consultation meetings are always on the Tuesday and Thursday during the week after half term, so you can pencil these into your diaries in advance and if you can’t make these dates, you can always make an alternative appointment.
- Childminders and other carers are welcome to attend our curriculum workshops and feedback to you…and handouts from these events can all be found on the website.
- Our teachers generally work long days, so if dropping off or collecting from Early Bloomers wrap-around care, please do pop into the classroom to see if your child’s class teacher is around for a quick chat.