Our Aims and Ethos
Our mission of 'Ambition For All ' encapsulates our determination to provide an outstanding education for every child, regardless of ability, background or culture. At Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and there is a driving determination to ensure that all pupils reach their full potential. Our core purpose is to provide all pupils with high quality learning experiences that lead to high levels of progress and attainment.
Our aims and values underpin all our policy and practice. We consider, revisit and reflect upon these in our day to day work with the pupils and wider community. Through continued and sustained improvement, and a shared understanding of learning, teaching, assessment and curriculum, our Academy aims to:
· Ensure that we inspire in all pupils, a love of learning and the desire to continue to learn;
· Ensure that all pupils have an equal opportunity to take part in the life and work of the Academy and
the wider community;
· Provide a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment where children enjoy learning and playing;
· Provide a rich, balanced and varied curriculum;
· Provide high standards of teaching to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in all subjects;
· Equip all pupils with the learning habits and self-confidence necessary to constructively influence
their own lives;
· Promote creativity and independence so that they are more able to explore and discover things for
· Encourage our pupils to take a pride in their achievements and appreciate the value of hard work;
· Encourage pupils and staff to have the confidence to grasp opportunities afforded by new
· Nurture pupil diversity emphasising individual talents in a wide range of fields, including academic,
music, sport, art and drama;
· Develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing
belief systems and cultures within our community;
· Be a place that every child remembers with affection.
We highly value:
· The way in which all children are unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each
individual, as well as for people of all cultures;
· A working partnership with parents and families to support each pupil’s learning, progress and well-
· The spiritual and moral development of each pupil, as well as their intellectual and physical growth;
· The importance of each person in our community. We organise our curriculum so that we promote
co-operation and understanding between all members of our community;
· Our environment and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach respect for our world, and how we
should care for it.
Our values at Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich are encapsulated in our '3 Bee', Be respectful individuals, Be responsible individuals, Be Resilient individuals, which in turn encapsulates the key qualities and behaviours we develop in Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich children, which will not only create a happy school with good relationships and effective learning but will also prepare them for adult life.