PE and Sports Premium Grant
At Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich we aim to establish a sporting culture that enables and encourages all children to play and enjoy sport and where those that show particular talent are able to excel.
We aim to:
· To improve the provision of PE at Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich.
· To provide an extra-curricular sports clubs to support uptake in sport
· To broaden the sporting activities and experiences available to the children
· To develop a love of sport and PE and develop a sporting culture
How will we be spending the Sports funding and who will benefit?
The Governors agree that the money must be used so that:
· all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
· that the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in high quality sporting activities
· that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
Primary School's Sports Funding - What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2014 - 2020 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding will be allocated to primary school head teachers. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. OFSTED will play a significant role in ensuring that schools target this funding in areas which will lead to clear outcomes in raising standards and opportunities in PE and school sport for all children throughout the Primary Phase. From 2017/18, all primary schools will receive a lump sum of £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
• hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
• new or additional sport clubs
• paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
• providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
• running sport competitions, or increasing participation in school games
• buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
• providing places for pupils in after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
For further information on the PE and Sport Premium Grant, please see the DfE website:
See below for details of how much grant we received and the impact of the PE and Sports Premium Spend in 2017/18 and how we propose to spend the grant in 2018/19.
|HPAD PE and Sports Premium Grant Proposed Spend 2018/19||30th Sep 2018||Download|
|HPAD PE and Sports Premium Impact Report 2017/18||30th Sep 2018||Download|