Teaching & Learning
Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich provides an exciting, personalised learning curriculum, which supports and challenges all of our pupils and is at the heart of our teaching and learning philosophy. We ensure that all teaching and support staff have access to the highest quality training programmes to provide the most innovative and bespoke learning opportunities for every pupil.
Our Academy aims to:
- Meet the needs and aspirations of all pupils
- Ensure all pupils can successfully access the curriculum offer, making any reasonable adjustments required where particular needs are identified
- Recognise high achieving pupils and ensure they are given opportunities to stretch and challenge their learning
- Plan opportunities for pupils to develop their personal potential
- Establish an agreed range of policies and practices to guarantee a consistent approach towards learning and teaching in every classroom.
- Involve all staff in developing and improving the quality of learning and teaching
- Provide all staff with developmental opportunities to extend and enhance their range of teaching and repertoires
- Develop staff to deliver skills beyond their own subject specialism and incorporate cross curricular initiatives, in particular Literacy, Numeracy and ICT/Computing
- Identify pupils’ achievements and areas for improvement, through rigorous monitoring of progress and to plan appropriate interventions to enhance learning
- Realise the entitlements for Learners, Teachers and Curriculum as promoted by the Pupil Learning Commission
The suite of policies attached provide further details on how the Academy supports the aims outlined above.